Albany Musicians’ Association, Inc., Local 14 of the American Federation of Musicians (AFM) welcomes professional musicians in all genres of music. Local 14 is rich with history of the music business – it was chartered in 1896. But over the years we’ve evolved to meet needs of the present day membership. We invite new ideas, strategies and encourage members to take on leadership roles and pursue professional development opportunities.
Be our Guest at a Meeting:
Potential members are invited to be our guest at a general membership meeting. You can watch how we conduct a concise business meeting and then join us for a buffet and socialize with colleagues and friends. Contact John Van Voris at 518-669-2163 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to discuss your interest in Local 14. Mike will answer your questions and show you how easy it is to join us!
- Membership fee per calendar year is $110 as of calendar year 2017.
- Membership fee is pro-rated 50% after June 1
Join us and share in such benefits as:
- Local job referrals
- MPF Coordinator – maximizes opportunities for these co-funded performances
- Listing in Local 14 Musicians Members Directory (printed)
- Optional Listing in Local 14 Website Directory and Referral Pages
- Optional Listing in Local 14 Website Music Teacher Referral Pages
- Professional Development opportunities such as workshops and seminars / webinars featured on the Local 14 Website
Web-based notices of interest to working musicians, including classified ads, positions available and audition schedules
- NETWORKING!! Come to the general membership meetings to hear what’s changing and why and to vote on important issues! Talk to other local working musicians about opportunities, problems, where to get work, etc. The more you interact with other working musicians, the more likely you are to achieve your objectives!
- Subscription to ‘International Musician’, the official publication of the AFM
- Other union benefits available through the AFM and its affiliates (www.afm.org)
- Legal services
- Financial services (credit cards, mortgages, personal loans, etc.)
- Travel services
To view AFL-CIO “Union Plus” benefits – click here:
It’s a Great Time to be a Member!
If you are a full-time or part-time musician, it is to your advantage to belong to the only organization that truly represents the interests of musicians and performers. For a detailed explanation of the numerous benefits and services Local 14 and the AFM have to offer the professional musician, please read the Membership Benefits page. Once again, thank you for your interest, and we look forward to the opportunity to support you!
Check out these AFM Solution Series Brochures (PDF)
Why Join The AFM? Good Question, Great Reasons | How To Stay Alive And Working | How To Protect Your Independent Recording | How To Get More Money From Your Music | How The New Use Procedure Benefits You | Music Is Our Business… And Yours